2023-2024 Scheduling Information
Click the icon below for the 2023-2024 Dunbar Course Directory to review course offerings.
Welcome Class of 2027!
Course Videos: AP Human Geography Band Choir Creative Writing Engineering General Orchestra German German Flyer Humanities Keyboarding Media Arts and Graphic Design Media, Movies and Movement Musical Theater Sci-Fi Fantasy Social Studies Electives Sports Writing String Orchestra - New! Theater WPLD and PLD Lamplighter Yearbook
Information for ALL Students:
Using Multi-Year Academic Planning for Students Academic Planning Video for Students Graduation Requirements Graduation Planning Sheet Career Pathway Information 2023-24 Course Directory AP vs Dual Credit Pamphlet Paul Laurence Dunbar AP Agreement Interest in Summer PE for Summer 2023
Non-MSTC students wishing to take an MSTC course must complete this Google Form: Non-MSTC Student Request
PLD List of Courses for Online Scheduling:
Adv. Current Events Advanced Office Anatomy AP Human Geography AP US History Art Astronomy and Physics Choir Creative Writing Current Events Dual Credit Astronomy Dual Credit Physics EBCE, Community Service, CO-OP Engineering Entrepreneurship Foods and Nutrition Forensics General Orchestra German History of American Diversity Humanities Keyboarding Media Arts and Graphic Design Media, Movies and Movement Musical Theater Psychology Science Electives (PowerPoint) Sci-Fi Fantasy Sports Writing String Orchestra - New! Theatre WPLD and PLD Lamplighter Yearbook
Applications for Programs: (New window opens January 2nd for 2023-2024)
FCPS Career & Technical Center Information: Eastside Technical Center (ES), Southside Technical Center (SS), Locus Trace AgriScience Center (LTAC):
Education Based Career Education (EBCE), Community Service & CO-OP: Applications are due February 8th!!!
Video about EBCE, Community Service, and CO-OP program.
Questions... email Mr. Greg O'Bryan
2023 The Learning Center (TLC): The application process for TLC is completely online, including the student interview! Deadline: March 1st
TLC FAQ Page: TLC Application Process - FAQ
TLC hosts information tours on the first Tuesday of the month at 10am during the school year. Please email Joshua Wilson to register for a tour.
2023 Opportunity Middle College (OMC): The application and recommendations are completely online. Upperclassmen Only
Deadline February 28th, 2023
Success Academy is accepting applications! Our program is designed to serve students 16 and older who are not on track to graduate. We provide flexible scheduling and a personalized alternative for teenagers who need a nontraditional and accelerated pathway to graduation. Contact Camille Overstreet, Transition Specialist, for more info. Camille Overstreet Apply now by scanning the QR Code below (click attachments) with your phone or by visiting our website. Just look for the online application under School Quick Links.
Application options for the 2023 application season:
- Applicants who have successfully completed Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry by the end of their sophomore year and who have a 3.0 GPA are viable applicants without submitting ACT scores. ACT scores for the 2023 application are OPTIONAL due to testing challenges as a result of COVID-19.
- Applicants who have met the minimum ACT scores of 22 in Math, 18 in English, and 20 in Reading and will have successfully completed Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry by the end of their sophomore year will automatically advance to the interview phase in the application process. For more information, contact the Testing Center - (606) 783-2527.
For 2023-24 Special Programs
Families must apply during this January's window for their child to enroll in a magnet or school program for the following academic year, 2023-24.
The application window will be open from Jan. 7 until 11:59 p.m. on Jan. 22.
- FAQ & Application User Guide
- Online Application (The new link will be activated on Jan. 7.)
- Jan. 7-22: Application window
- Jan. 23 through March 3: Auditions, testing, interviews, and application processing
- March 8-10: Offer notifications go out to families
General questions: Email the program manager or call (859) 381-2105
Note: FCPS reserves the right to make changes to application and entrance requirements for all programs offered throughout the district.